NOTE: Clicking on the "Register" link will direct you to a website NOT affiliated with RM Races Live.
A full day of challenging athletic competition, food, and fun
We are excited to announce the very first Blue Sky Endurance Fest! A full day of challenging athletic competition, food and fun. With no other event like it in the Lowcountry, Blue Sky Endurance Fest offers a combination of races designed to create unique and challenging events for athletes unlike any before.
Please read the event details below
Race Date: April 22, 2018
- Saturday- April 21, 2018
- 9am-6pm- Packet Pickup for all distances at Blue Sky Endurance (MAP)
- Sunday- April 22nd, 2018:
- 6:30am-7:15am- Packet Pickup and Race-Day Registration for all distances @ Trophy Lakes (MAP)
- 7:30am- Mandatory Pre-Race meeting for all distances
- 8am Race Start
- Awards presentation immediately after last finisher
Race Location: Trophy Lakes, Johns Island (MAP)
Race Format: Swim, run, repeat (optional). Swim a one-mile loop and directly follow it with a one mile off road running loop. Racers doing the Double Dip will repeat this format twice (Swim-Run-Swim-Run) for a total of 2 miles of swimming and two miles of running. Racers completing the Third Times a Charm will repeat this format three times (Swim-Run-Swim-Run-Swim-Run) for a total of three miles swimming and three miles running.
Skinny Dip- (Swim-Run) Racers complete a single loop of Trophy Lake (1 mile) and directly follow the swim with a single loop off-road run of Trophy Lake (1 mile)- for a total distance of 2 miles raced
Double Dip- (Swim-Run-Swim-Run) Racers start with a swim loop of Trophy Lake (1 mile), directly follow the swim with an off-road run loop of Trophy Lake (1 mile), directly following racers complete a second loop swim of Trophy Lake (1 mile), and a second off-road run loop of Trophy Lake (1 mile)- for a total distance of 4 miles raced
Third Times A Charm- (Swim-Run-Swim-Run-Swim-Run) Racers start with a swim loop of Trophy Lake (1 mile), directly following racers complete an off-road run loop of Trophy Lake (1 mile), directly follow with a second swim loop of Trophy Lake (1 mile), follow with a second off road run loop of Trophy Lake (1 mile), follow with a third loop of Trophy Lake (1 mile), and follow with a third off road run loop of Trophy Lake (1 mile)- for a total distance of 6 miles raced
Stand Up Paddle Sprint- Race with all out effort in this quick 1 mile paddle sprint. No time to waste this race is a true showing of max speed in minimum distance.
See course maps for more info.
Parking: There is ample parking located on Trophy Lakes property. Race volunteers will be directing traffic in from Marlin Road to designated race day parking within walking distance of transition and race start area.
Pre-Race Instructions/Meeting: There is a mandatory pre-race meeting to go over the race rules, course, logistics and answer any remaining questions. This meeting is Sunday morning inside race transition area at 7:30AM.
Blue Sky Endurance Fest is a USA Triathlon sanctioned race. We follow the standard rules of USA Triathlon. All racers are required to have a current USA Triathlon Membership, or purchase a one day USA Triathlon Membership for race day use.
We follow all rules of USA Triathlon. Wetsuits will be legal in the event the water is 78 degrees or below. Average water temps at Trophy Lake in late April usually fall in the high 70s and low 80s.
- The race course is marked.
- The participants must follow the marked course.
- Participants that do not follow the marked course will be disqualified.
- There will be one water station with both H20 and an Electrolyte Mix drink
Mandatory Equipment Supplied by Race Organizers
- Race bibs must be worn and visible at all times during the run portion of the race.
- Swim caps must be worn visible during all the swim portions of the race.
- Racers will be provided a timing chip and chip strap and are required to wear both during the entire duration of the race.
- Each racer will be provided their own space inside the transition area for their equipment. Only racers will be allowed inside the transition area. Racers will not be allowed to use any equipment they have not provided for themselves in transition. Racers that receive assistance from spectators will be disqualified.
The following awards will be presented in each race distance:
Overall Male and Female
Top 3 AG Male and Female 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Limbs Without Limits
We are proud to be partnering with Limbs Without Limits a certified 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization based out of Charleston, South Carolina that hosts events throughout the year to support, motivate, and empower individuals living with mobility impairments or special needs to live a healthier, more active lifestyle. All donations and capital raised for Libs Without Liits go towards the inception and realization of fun, educational, and free events for individuals living with mobility impairments and special needs.