This event has passed. View Results for this event
June 2, 2018
5 Mile - 5K
It's major fun in the Minor Leagues:
- Race Distances - Runners may choose to run the 5 Mile or 5K course.
- Start Time - 7:30am for both races (so you can finish before the SJ sun gets hot).
- Baseball Tickets - all runners receive one FREE San Jose Giants baseball ticket. More info coming soon! You may purchase up to 5 more PER GAME at $5 each.
- Packet Pickup - please note that we do not mail any packets for the San Jose Giant Race. Packet pickup details can be found at www.sanjosegiantrace.com.
- Race Goodies - Racers will receive a technical race t-shirt & finisher medal.
- Turn Two Award - Race in both the San Jose and San Francisco events, and receive the Turn Two Award. If you are hoping to Turn Two in 2017, please ensure you register for all races using the same form of your name and birthdate (i.e. John each time, instead of Johnny, Jack, and JoJo).
- Virtual/Remote Runner Option - NEW THIS YEAR! Run the event remotely (i.e. on your own wherever in the world you are), receive your race goodies in the mail, and make yourself eligible for the Giant Race Series Awards. While we encourage everyone to come to the event in person (because in San Jose we always have major fun in the minor leagues), we recognize not everyone is able to. Your virtual registration includes mailing of your race goodies (shirt and medal; they will arrive after the event date), and will also make you eligible for the annual Turn Two Award (given to those who participate in SJ and SF in 2017). All we ask is that you snap a photo of yourself running remotely and #giantrace. Extra brownie points for exotic locations.
- Junior Giants - Junior Giants works together with local agencies, families and volunteers to reach into communities and offer youth a chance to learn the basics of baseball during the summer while also discovering the importance of essential life skills. During the registration process, you will have the opportunity to make a donation to the Junior Giants.
- Sponsor A Kid To Run - during registration, you will also have the opportunity to pledge $30 to allow an at-risk youth to participate in the 5k. Last year, we were able to give up to 100 kids that opportunity. That's 100 perma-smiles!
- Team In Training - The Giant Race Series has joined forces with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training program to explore new frontiers in cancer treatments through fundraising. During the registration process, you will have the opportunity to make a donation to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Want more? To learn about how you can become a TNT Teammate, click here.
- THE MOST IMPORTANT THING - Is to read this entire page, of course...