This event has passed. View Results for this event
As always boys and girls, please please please read and understand the following:
- Start Times - Half/10K at 7am, and 5K at 10:50am. Please note the Kids Race is on SATURDAY 9/7 at noon.
- Bobblehead & Other Race Goodies - all half marathon, 10K, 5K, and Kids Race/Family Relay registrants will get the 8th-annual Giant Race Runner Bobblehead in addition to a techinical race t-shirt & finisher medal.
- Runners Night at AT&T Park - Join us for a Giants baseball game! We'd love to formally invite you (you know, with the date & time, opponent, etc.), however, we're on sale much earlier than usual this year (our October wasn't as eventful as we'd hoped -- thanks a lot, Cubs). Therefore, we won't know the Runners Night details until early 2018. Stay tuned & we'll get you all the game ticket information ASAP.
- Awards - Remember, if you're expecting a Series Sweep, Three Bagger, and/or the Turn Two Award, make sure you've signed up for all races with the same form of your name and birthdate (i.e. John each time, instead of Johnny, Jack, and JoJo) AND to check our eligibility pages on giantrace.com. If you do not do both things we reserve the right not to give you an award onsite.
- Kids Race/Family Relay - takes place on SATURDAY again this year, during expo hours (high Noon). This allows for kids to have more fun, and fun is good. See more information here.
- Packet Mailing - The deadline to opt for packet mailing is July 13th. For those who do not opt for packet mailing, you (or someone on your behalf) MUST attend the expo to pick up your packet. THERE IS NO RACE DAY PACKET PICKUP. For those who do opt for packet mailing, shirts WILL be mailed, and bobbleheads WILL NOT be mailed. If you have your packet mailed to you, you may pick up your bobblehead inside AT&T Park after you finish the race.
- Parking - in an effort to reduce traffic and congestion on race morning, official ballpark lots will be reserved for pre-paid passes ONLY. No cash will be accepted onsite. You may secure a pre-paid pass during registration for $10. If you choose to wing it, there are plenty of metered spots available near AT&T Park on Sundays, and Uber is kinda popular these days too.
- VIP Race Day Lounge - Get the most out of your Giant Race experience by joining the Runners Club Lounge on race day. Enjoy a full spread of goodies (both pre and post-race), massages, AT&T Park tour tickets, and yes, even a private bathroom! See it all here.
- Virtual/Remote Runner Option - NEW THIS YEAR! Run the event remotely (i.e. on your own wherever in the world you are), receive your medal, shirt, and bobblehead in the mail (including your Series Sweep, Three Bagger, and Turn Two Awards if you're eligible). While we encourage everyone to come to the event in person (because nothing beats finishing on the field at AT&T Park), we recognize not everyone is able to. All we ask is that you snap a photo of yourself running remotely and #giantrace. Extra brownie points for exotic locations.
- Team in Training - The Giant Race Series has joined forces with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program to explore new frontiers in cancer treatments through fundraising. While TNT teammates fundraise, they have access to experience TNT coaches to get them ready for the half marathon, 10K or 5K, providing propiertary training, nutrition clinics, and injury education, in addition to fundraising tools and templates all season long. Click here more information on how you can become a TNT teammate.
- Project Open Hand - At Project Open Hand, the goal is to feed the body, mind, and soul, through healthy food prepared and delivered with love. Project Open Hand depends on Giant Race participants to make the mission a reality. Make a donation and learn more about what Project Open Hand has to offer by clicking here.
- Presidio - Over the past two decades the Presidio has been transforming into a great national park site thanks to the support of people like you! The Presidio is proud to be a healthy refuge and a great escape for San Francisco, but there is still much to do. Donate to the Presidio with your Giant Race registration.