NOTE: Clicking on the "Register" link will direct you to a website NOT affiliated with RM Races Live.
Presented by Baltimore Youth Cycling
Welcome to Baltimore Youth Cycling's Frosty Cross & the MABRA Age Graded Championships!!! Glad you'll be joining us. This year we are back at the Agricultural Center: the same great venue and awesome course - with the possibility of a few changes (we can't let things get boring, right?).
The Center for Maryland Agriculture is located at 1114 Shawan Rd Cockeysville, MD 21030 about one mile west of I-83. It's conveniently located a few minutes away from Hunt Valley, where you will find hotels, restaurants, coffee shops, and any other services you might need.
Looking forward to a great day!!!
Are you a Young Adult? A Super Junior? A baby Adult? We at Frosty Cross remember those days of "wow, I am not living at home anymore and I am tired of eating Ramen Noodles AND I want to race my bike but...... RACE FEES" so we are offering all 18 to 23 year olds (Age on Race Day) a $10 dollar off coupon code from the usual adult race fee of $40- BE HONEST. REALLY. We're a kids team and we're trying to be nice here. So, if you are 18-23 and want to race, use the code OLDJUNIOR and take $10 dollars off your race fee for the day. Good for one use only and Be Honest. Really.
All USA Cycling Cyclocross rules apply
• There will be a $10 day-of-registration fee.
• USAC license required (one-day licenses will be available for beginner fields only if the rider has never held an annual license).
• Mountain bikes will be allowed WITHOUT bar ends.
• Held under USA Cycling event permit .
• There will be 1 double pit on the course.
• Event will be held rain or shine.
• MABRA Cyclocross Series rules available at http://www.mabra.org/
• Payout Parity: Top five finishers in the Men’s 1/2/3 race receive the same amount in payout as the Women’s 1/2/3. Thanks to Gross Mendelsohn for sponsoring our elite podiums!
Warmups: The course will be open for inspection and warm-up approximately 15 minutes prior to each event. Warming up on the course during an event is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated. DQ & forfeiture of entry fee will result.
Call-Ups: Staging will be based on the most recent Cross-Results score
1. All pre-registered riders will be staged on the grid, by bib number. Bib numbers will be assigned as follows according to ranking on CrossResults.com as of the close of registration.
2. Remaining riders will be staged by bib number, in the order of registration.
Those classes consisting of only cat 5 men or cat 4 women are staged by order of registration. All day-of registrants will be staged behind pre-registered riders.
Results: Baltimore Youth Cycling’s Frosty Cross are electronically timed. The protest period is a firm 15 min from the announcement that results have been posted. Racers are also reminded to make sure their team name is correct in USA Cycling, BikeReg, and on the waiver at the race.
Pit: There will be one double-sided pit on the course. Please remove your equipment immediately following your race to make room for others.
Course Description: The course utilizes the beautiful grounds of the Maryland Agricultural Center with a balance of pavement, grass, woods and dirt paths. Much of the course winds around the Farm Center and includes hills as well as flats.
Spectating: The course has great sight lines and many opportunities for spectators to get a great view of the action. A central announcer will be located in near the Start/Finish. There will be food and beer for sale at the event and it will be good.
Tents: The $20 fee for tent space will go to the Baltimore Youth Cycling junior racing program.
• Onsite registration opens at 7:15AM and closes 30 minutes before each race.
• Second races are discounted to $15.
• No swapping or transferring of registrations.
• USA Cycling one-day licenses can be purchased online through the “Purchase One-day License” link at USA Cycling. If you do not have a USA Cycling account, you will need to create one to purchase the license. Bring a copy of the license to the race – printed or on the USA Cycling app.
• Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Thanks to Baltimore Bicycling Club and Gross Mendelsohn for sponsoring this event
Thanks to our partner shops for supporting Baltmore Youth Cycling!