NOTE: Clicking on the "Register" link will direct you to a website NOT affiliated with RM Races Live.
The IronMed Sprint Triathlon and 5K is a fundraiser for the Hoya Clinic, a non-profit, student-run medical clinic at Georgetown University School of Medicine. With clinical oversight by Georgetown faculty physicians, the Hoya Clinic provides free, comprehensive medical care to many low-income and uninsured families and individuals living in Washington, D.C. The Hoya Clinic draws the vast majority of its funds from this one fundraising event.
The funds raised through this event benefit Hoya Clinic, and every donation is greatly appreciated! This year, racers can be SPONSORED through donations to Hoya Clinic! If you are an individual or business interested in sponsoring an athlete or giving a donation, please fill out information about your donation on this donation form.
Athletes with the largest donations via sponsorships will be honored with free swag on race day. Sponsored donations will not be applied towards your registration fee, however check out the donation form to see the swag our sponsored runners will receive. Please share the donation link with family and friends to sponsor you or your team for raceday!
To learn more about the Hoya Clinic and its mission, visit the Hoya Clinic website.
Thank you to all athletes and sponsors!
Event details and schedule
Hello IronMed Athletes!
We are excited for this year’s IronMed Triathlon and 5K event on Sunday, November 3rd, 2019. The triathlon and 5K are open to ALL participants - both within and outside of the Georgetown community. A few things to keep in mind as race day approaches:
Sprint Triathlon Information (400yd Swim, 12mi Bike, 5K run)
1) Packet Pickup which includes your T-shirt and bib number will be from 5:30 to 6:30 AM on raceday at Yates Field House on Georgetown University's Campus. Details will be emailed to you regarding packet pick up closer to the race date.
2) The triathlon will start at 7:00am! Yes, this is bright and early, but a great way to start your day. Please arrive from 5:30-6:30am to pick up your timing chip and race packet to ensure a start on time. This year we will be using waterproof chips for the swim portion. Logistics details will be sent to you prior to race day. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions!
3) For the transition from swim to bike, the path is a gravel road, which we will try to keep clean. However we are REQUIRING all triathletes to bring sandals, flip flops or shoes for the transition. You will also be required to bring your own: Bike, Helmet, and Swim Cap.
4) If you plan on driving to the event, parking will be easiest if you park on the street nearby Georgetown's campus (in Burleith, Foxhall, Georgetown Proper, or Glover Park) and walk to Yates Field House. Parking is free in these neighborhoods on Sundays.
4) Click here for maps of the 20k bike and the 5K Course. NOTE: the 5K course is on the Georgetown campus and may be modified due to construction on campus; we will notify you of any changes the week before the race.
The transition will be located behind Yates Field House right by the pool. The bike portion of the event will proceed down the hill from Yates Field House and will connect onto the Capital Crescent Trail. From there, the bike will be an out and back course for a total of 12 miles. The 5K run will be through Georgetown University's campus.
5) The finish will be located near the transition, and refreshments will be waiting for you at the finish line!
5K Run/Walk Info
1) Packet Pickup which includes your T-shirt and bib number will be on raceday from 7-8:30 AM at Yates Field House on Georgetown University's campus. More information will be emailed to you closer to the race day.
NOTE: if a participant under the age of 18 would like to race in the 5K run, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a minor race waiver. (Must be 18+ to participate in the triathlon, but all ages are welcome to run/walk the 5K).
2) The 5k race will begin at 9 am and follow the 5k running course that the triathlon is using as well.
Refunds will only be processed for cancellations before Friday October 18, 2019. Beyond that date, your registration fee will be considered a donation to Hoya Clinic.
Safety is the highest priority for us with the IronMed Triathlon and 5K. Because most of this event takes place outside, it is subject to the weather. Should inclement weather arise, we will have people examine the course and may issue a delay if reasonable. However, if the course is deemed unsafe for participants, the race will be cancelled. Unfortunately, since this event is in coordination with the Georgetown School of Medicine calendar, the event will NOT be rescheduled. NO REFUNDS will be issued as your registration fee is considered a donation to the Hoya Clinic. Thank you for your understanding.
We want to thank everybody participating in this year's event, and we look forward to a fun and exciting race! Remember to send family and friends the links to sponsor you or your team for the race to help us raise money for Hoya Clinic!
Best of Luck!
2019 IronMed Sprint Triathlon and 5K for Hoya Clinic Coordinators